So, I totally bailed on uploading the show notes for KNITLIB the podcast – Episode 7 – Knitting to Find My Centre because life got in the way so we’re going to forget that little mistake happened and just jump right into Episode 8!
This is an episode all about colour obsession, bent needles, a sweater for an adult human and how I tried to understand kidspeak. I’m introducing a new segment this week that I’m calling Library Love where I share a story about my life at the library (feel free to laugh AT me) and I actually have an honest-to-goodness finished object to share! This is a jam-packed episode so grab your pointy sticks and a cup of something warm and let’s hang out!
KNITLIB – Episode 8 – Show Notes
What Am I Wearing?
- My Gum Ball Cardigan using the free pattern, Peggy Sue by Linda Wilgus
- Worked up in RainCityKnits Superwash DK in Kaleidoscope and Steel Grey
- Alterations? I omitted the cable rib because I ain’t got time for that and replaced it with a classy k2, p2 rib
- I still need to add buttons but haven’t been able to find the right ones yet
- PS: Neon pastels are totally for adult humans, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- Hedgehog Fibres Sock in Fool’s Gold and Spell
- Replaced a set of Addi Turbo 2.25mm 32″ circs because somehow I bent the other ones? (My knitting is just THAT intense).
What’s On My Needles?
- I’m making slow but constant progress on Ryan’s Flax Sweater by Tin Can Knits
- Worked up in Briggs & Little Regal in Sage Green
- It’s on to colour #4 for my Find Your Fade Shawl by Andrea Mowry – Hedgehog Fibres Sock in Eel.
- And my improvised Find Your Fade Socks that are using up all the leftover bits and bobs from the Find Your Fade Shawl.
- Expect a pattern of some kind that will be available for free sometime in the future!
OMG it’s an FO!
- I finally finished the cropped stripy sweater I showed in E7! This free pattern called A Cropped Sweater For Winter by Andi Satterlund and it’s a dream to work up!
- I used Noro Kureopatora (I’m pretty sure?) and the yarn really softens up after it is blocked
- Totally going to wear the sweater with pretty much everything.
- Pen Pineapple Apple Pen. What? Ugh. Here’s the video for the bizarre song a group of third graders were trying to teach me. I apologize in advance for getting it stuck in your head.
- Lots of love to my knit babes featured at the end of the podcast: @meganborg, @lia.marra and @simplysuperfluous who laugh as much as they knit! Check them out <3
Thanks for watching, pals! We’ll see you again next week (or so). Happy Knitting!