This week’s episode is a bit of a long one as I had a couple cups of coffee and felt particularly chatty (but I think that’s a good thing!). I’m covering a lot this time around: we’ve got WIPs, a little Dream Knitting, a quick What Am I Wearing segment, a selection of super fun picture books and a good ol’ dose of Blather. Yahoo!
KNITLIB – Episode 9 – Show Notes
What’s on my needles!
- My Find Your Fade is finally seeing a bit of noticeable progress. I’m into Colour D working through the Lace Play and things are moving along, albeit at what sometimes feels like a snail’s pace.
- There’s been some significant progress on my Find Your Fade Socks which are getting close to adding Colour D – if I can only knit it into the shawl first…
- An older WIP has made its way into rotation with what I’m calling my Green Storm Sweater, using the Storm Mountain pattern by Heidi Kirrmaier
- I’m using Madeline Tosh DK in Jade on 3.25mm Addi Turbos
- Plus, there’s a possibility I’ll add some yellow-green speckled goodness thanks to some superwash merino DK from Ancient Arts Yarn as an accent colour (Or maybe it’ll just become another Andi Satterlund cardi!)
- Daydreaming about big squishy cowls knit up in Loopy Mango Merino No. 5 in the Sunshine colourway (it’s the size of my head, so squishy and begging to be doublestranded with some mohair…dream!!)
- Seriously daydreaming about the Kermis cardigan by Anna Maltz. Oh, the colours! The pattern! The everything!
What am I wearing?
- A personal pattern designed by me called The Good Shit Hat.
- Worked up in Cascade 220 and some other mystery worsted weight wool
- It’s the perfect hat to get you through a bad day
- Hank’s Big Day: the story of a bug by Evan Kuhlman & Chuck Groenink
- A lovely story of friendship between a tiny bug and his best friend Amelia. Totally loving the vintage-style illustrations and clever text placements.
- The Princess and the Pony by Kate Beaton
- All Princess Pinecone has ever wanted is a strong stead to make her a viking warrior but she keeps getting crummy sweaters instead. When her wish if finally granted, the pony isn’t quite what she bargained for.
- Kate Beaton is a Canadian author and illustrator whose most recent picture book, King Baby, is a total laugh-out-loud storytime riot 🙂
- Cat Knit by Jacob Grant
- A super sweet story of Cat and Yarn whose friendship is tested when Girl takes Yarn and he comes back looking very different than what Cat remembered. Simple text and endearing illustrations will have the knitter in you swooning <3
And that’s it for this week, pals! I hope you all have a lovely week full of love and colour and time to knit all the things! <3 <3 <3