And after what felt like forever, we are back! This week’s podcast episode is a long one as I catch you up on all the things that have been going on in my life since last we met. We’ve got lots of rambling about life things, knitting projects, a new pattern in the works and all the things I’m bingeing on lately. So grab some pointy sticks and some string and let’s get to it!
KNITLIB – Episode 14 – Show Notes
What’s on my needles
- Half-finished Banana Shorties (Ravelry project page)
- Hedgehog Fibres Sock in Banana Legs and Spell
- Toe-up construction over 64 sts on 2.25mm needles, fish lips kiss heel and 2×2 rib cuff
- Mollyfodge Mitts – a new pattern in development designed by me
- Two-colour fingerless mittens worked in DK weight yarn
- Will have a full-mitten option in the pattern
- Interested in test knitting the pattern? I’ll have an official call out soon!
- Garter Squish Sweater Coat (Ravelry project page)
- Jong by Julie Toothill (Free pattern on Ravelry)
- Worked up in various colourways of Cascade Magnum on 10.00mm needles
- Summer Waistcoat (Ravelry project page)
- Pen Pal by Anna Maltz (purchase on Ravelry)
- Two-colour waistcoat worked up in Cascade Pima Cotton on 4.00mm needles
Stuff to Knit To (aka Recommendations)
- The Madwoman Upstairs (audiobook)
- Written by Catherine Lowell
- Samantha Whipple is the last descendent of the Bronte sisters after her father died tragically in a fire. While the whole world speculates the fortune she’s inherited, she heads to Oxford to study English Literature and her father’s books begin to mysteriously appear in her dorm. Convinced that her father knew something everyone else didn’t, she’s determined the answers are in the Bronte books. Equal parts romance and literary intrigue – this is a great story for any book nerd obsessed with Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.
- Saga – graphic novel series
- Written by Brian K. Vaughan / Artwork by Fiona Staples
- Part Romeo & Juliet, part Star Wars, and with a little bit of Firefly thrown in for good measure. Totally and completely addictive!
- Riverdale (Netflix)
- This tv show is a beautiful train wreck. It’s campy, ridden with teen angst and super weird. There is something very Twin-Peaks-y about it and it’s kinda the best.
- School’s out so I’m gonna do all the things! (Not really but it’s nice to have a break)
- Fibre Shindig – A Calgary Fibre Festival
- I’m super bummed that I won’t get to go this year but OH WELL. Work and earning a paycheque has won out.
Calgary Comic Expo I’ll be working at the Stash booth selling our sweet and nerdy knitting kits on Friday. Woo! Maybe John Cusack is a knitter?Correction! I’m a massive dummy. This was for NEXT weekend and sadly, I’ll be missing it because I’m headed to Jasper for the ALC.
- Alberta Library Conference in Jasper, AB
- Next week I’ll be at the ALC with my library pals and it’s going to be an amazing weekend of libraries, mountains and good times!
As mentioned in this week’s episode, I’ll be putting together an official call for test knitters soon re: Mollyfodge Mitts. Keep an eye open for updates! I’ll probably post something here as well as on Instagram.
Thanks so much for watching this week’s episode – I hope you enjoyed it! <3